Blogging serves a number of purposes in our household. For the sake of brevity, I’ll narrow it down to three:
- Blogging is like journalling, but I don’t have to get OCD about my handwriting. All the cathartic moments, no scribbles, White Out or cramping right hand.
- It solves Vore’s “you never make the same thing twice, and I really liked that fill-in-the-blank” problem. If I write recipes here, they are catalogued and my crazy experiments can be replicated on a whim.
- Blogging connects you with like-minded people. Folks who get excited to talk about the same things you like. You get to make the coolest friends!
Nominated for an award? whythankyouverymuchjasmine! I’m blushing.
Now on to those 7 (utterly random) things about little old me…
- While I don’t teach group fitness anymore, that was my extra money job in grad school. I was a threat on a Spin bike! I am also certified in YogaFit and TurboKick.
- I am named for my paternal grandmother, who’s maiden name was Briton. She was from England, and met my grandfather while he was abroad in WWII. God bless her proper British soul, she was sent home to live on a farm in Mississippi.
- I’ve run a half marathon. One was enough.
- I love to travel. I’ve been to Canada and Mexico several times. I’ve also backpacked through Europe, Australia and New Zealand and visited the Caribbean.
- Even thought I loved, loved, loved Bridesmaids, Mean Girls is still my favorite movie. Shallow? Maybe.
- Speaking of bridesmaids, I’ve been one 9 times. Our wedding had 11 attendants. I’ve got fab friends!
- My first pet was a cat named Woodie. The first street I lived on was High Point Terrace. This makes my stripper name “Woodie High Point.” Could I make that up?
And now, for my nominations for the Versatile and Inspiring Blog Awards: