Hello, 39 weeks. I didn’t think I’d see you. Measurements have shown our little guy to be husky from the start, and for whatever reason, I thought he’d make his debut early. Not so much.
I’m feeling pretty large and in charge, but otherwise, I’m mostly comfortable. I’ve been working like a crazy person, trying to write 4-6 weeks ahead for my freelance clients, and I’m pleased to say that I’m there! Things are on autopilot, and I should be able to enjoy at least a few weeks of downtime with our new addition.
In the meantime, I’m blowing off nervous energy by cooking like the apocalypse is coming, and stuffing our freezers to the gills. For those curious what a pregnant lady stashes for postpartum meals, here’s a running tally:
- Southern Living Buttermilk Biscuits
- Van’s Power Grains Waffles–> purchased BOGO at Publix.
- Bob’s Bran Flax Muffins
Mains, His and Hers:
- Oh She Glows’ Ultimate Vegan Lentil Loaf
- Grilled pork chops + Boston butt (for Vore, by Vore!)
- Cooking Light’s Pork Tenderloin in Mushroom Sauce
- Iron Woman Lasagna
- Veggie Chili
- Steak Fajitas
- Amy’s veggie pizza –> On sale and so good!
- Mama Pea’s Black Bean Burgers
- Go Green Enchiladas
- Betty Crocker Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Pioneer Woman’s Mac and Cheese
- Zillions of frozen veggies
- Alexia sweet potato fries –> They sell these at Costco!
- Garbanzo beans, made from dry
- Black Beans, made from dry
- Cooked Quinoa
- Cooked brown rice
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Blondies (adapted from Mama Pea)
- Coconut Chocolate Layer Bars
- Talenti Gelato–> Bogo at Publix. This stuff is ridiculous!
Furthermore, the house is clean. My work is done. Baby clothes are washed. Hair has been cut, and toes polished. Hospital bags are packed. Nursery is as done as it’s going to be. Clearly, we have food. Come on little man, we’re ready for you!